Monday, September 26, 2011

Summer is here!

Shalom Friends,

The end of summer is near, but I have to say, it's been a good one! Apart from the fog and drizzle in San Francisco, it's been an exciting time. I've relocated to the beautiful town of Berkeley, CA, where the produce flows and the crazy people... well, they're around.

I'm including a few pictures of some delicious things I've eaten in the past few months. I went on an epic vacation to Chicago where I stayed with my dear friend Elisa.

Upon my return everyone asked me, "Did you go to the Art Institute? The Chicago Sky Deck? Take a tour of the city in a boat?" And to all of that, I responded, "No Sir/Ma'am".


But, I did eat. I ate a lot of things. A lot of delicious things. And, I now have a very clear understanding of the obesity epidemic in this country. I am also guilty of perpetuating this very serious problem. But alas... it was incredibly tasty, and totally worth it. To the left -- These are two home-made cinnamon rolls and two pieces of cranberry orange coffee cake served to us immediately after ordering. Yes friends... this was only the appetizer to brunch. Ann Sather's. If you're in Chicago, GO! I'm sure you'll love it, and hate it.

The last memorable meal I had in San Francisco before I moved was at "Mission Beach Cafe" on 14th and Guerrero in the mission. I took my aunt who was visiting from New York, and we had a marvelous time. The dishes are simple and innovative, and the ingredients are fresh and beautiful.

This is an english muffin with a poached egg, heirloom tomato, chicken apple sausage, and a bit of cheddar cheese, served with home-fries that are perfectly crunchy and flaky on the outside, and soft and buttery on the inside.


That's all for now... I'm headed to the farmer's market tomorrow on Derby and MLK Jr. It's a cute little market with lots of local vendors from my previous Santa Cruz and Davis farmer's market days, and feels nice to see some familiar faces.

Hope you're all happy, healthy, and enjoying yourselves.

-Yael

No comments:

Post a Comment