Monday, October 11, 2010

Jewish Ho Ho's?

Greetings Bloggers!

It's been a while since I've blogged, but things have changed quite a bit for me in the past month or so. I've been engaging less in baking than I would otherwise, but getting back into the swing of things. I've returned from Oregon and have shifted gears a bit. I'm moving to San Francisco this upcoming week to start a job as a publications assistant at a non-for-profit publishing firm! It's very exciting for me professionally, but I'm mostly juiced about the food prospects that come with the city :)


This picture here was my most recent creation. My dear friend Alex just completed his LSAT on Saturday so I made him so home-made ho ho's to celebrate. This recipe caught my eye on none other than America's Test Kitchen publication. It was surprisingly easy, and friggan delicious! I'm starting to believe that the secret to all cake is 1) sour cream (duh!) and 2) espresso powder. Seriously, it deepens the flavor of the chocolate and makes for a great batter.

Also, the marshmallow cream was super easy to make. I used gelatin, butter, vanilla and some marshmallow creme. That stuff could probably survive a nuclear war, but taste brilliant in these little guys.

That's about all for today. I hope you're all enjoying the changing of the seasons and welcoming fall food fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment